Here we answers common questions about patient billing.
Who can I contact with billing questions?
Please call our billing help line at 530-332-6300 or e-mail us at email@example.com
What if I want to sit down with someone to talk about my bill?
- Please come to Patient Financial Services at the Enloe Lassen Campus, 1390 East Lassen Ave. in Chico. Patient Financial Services is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., excluding most major holidays. If you visit this office, you can speak directly with the account representative that handles your account.
- If you do not wish to drive to Patient Financial Services, you can speak with the Patient Access Representative at Patient Registration inside Enloe Medical Center at 1531 Esplanade, in Chico. Patient Registration is just past the main lobby.
What if I just want to pay my bill?
- You can pay your bill online at www.enloe.org/billpay.
- You can pay in person at Patient Financial Services at the Enloe Lassen Campus, 1390 East Lassen Ave., or at Patient Registration inside Enloe Medical Center at 1531 Esplanade. Patient Registration is just past the main lobby. You can pay your bill at any Enloe Medical Center site. However, if you have questions about your bill, it's best to pay at Patient Financial Services or Patient Registration.
- You can mail your payment with the billing statement to:
Enloe Medical Center
P O Box 742816
Los Angeles, CA 90074 2816
When is Patient Financial Services open?
We are open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m to 5 p.m., excluding some major holidays.
Where is Patient Financial Services located?
It is at the Enloe Lassen Campus, 1390 E. Lassen Ave. Chico, Calif., 95973 - See a map
How does Enloe Medical Center obtain my insurance billing information?
We use the insurance information you provided to us either prior to or at the time of your services. As a courtesy, we will submit your bill to your designated insurance carrier for payment. Please contact one of our Patient Financial Service Representatives at (530) 332-6300 if you need to update or change the information that you provided to us at the time of your registration.
Why am I receiving multiple bills from Enloe Medical Center?
You will receive a separate billing statement for each hospital stay and for every outpatient visit. Patient Registration Services will issue a new account number for each visit. The account number is located below the patient name on the billing statement.
Physician charges such as Emergency Room, Cardiology or Anesthesiology will be billed separately to your insurance plan and will be paid, separately. You will also receive separate statements from these physicians.
What is included in my inpatient billing statement?
Your inpatient bill includes the hospital charges for all services you received during your stay. You will also receive two separate bills if you are hospitalized in an acute bed and then transferred to the Enloe Rehabilitation Center.
What is included in my outpatient billing statement?
Your outpatient billing statement lists the hospital services you received on each visit. If you had services at one of our clinics, it will include facility and physician fees.
I am receiving weekly/monthly treatment for a medical condition. What is included in my outpatient recurring billing statement?
Your monthly recurring outpatient billing statement lists the hospital services you received on each visit. Recurring outpatient billing statements retain the same patient account number for each month of your treatment. The following medical conditions are most commonly billed on a recurring outpatient billing statement: Physical Therapy, Radiation Therapy and Infusion Therapy.
Why am I receiving bills from physicians I did not see?
There are physicians that interpret your laboratory and radiology tests that do not schedule a patient appointment with you. Also, anesthesiologists and assistant surgeons provide services to you while you are in the surgical suite. These physicians are required to submit separate professional fee billing statements to you and your insurance company. If you have questions about these statements, please call the telephone number listed on each individual statement.
Are the physicians at Enloe Medical Center contracted with my insurance carrier?
You should always contact your physician or your insurance carrier regarding insurance coverage questions.
My HomeCare or Home Medical Equipment services were not included in my hospital billing statement. Why?
Although Home Care and Home Medical Equipment (HME) are part of Enloe Medical Center, these services are billed separately.
Why am I receiving a bill when I expected my insurance to pay for everything?
Many insurance companies have a deductible, co-payment or out-of-pocket patient liability. Some also do not pay for items they consider your responsibility, or "convenience" items. Please contact your insurance company or your employer, or review your benefits booklet for more information on your individual insurance plan if your personal liability balance is larger than you expected.
The charges on my billing statement are confusing. How can I get an explanation for these charges?
Our Patient Financial Services Representatives will be happy to assist you with your questions. You can reach us in any of these ways:
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call (530) 332-6300. We are available 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding some major holidays.
- Visit Patient Financial Services, located at the Enloe Lassen Campus, 1390 East Lassen Ave., in Chico. The office is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding some major holidays.
How can I apply for financial assistance?
Please contact one of our Patient Financial Services Representatives at (530) 332-6300, who will provide you with information and application forms for financial assistance. Read the Financial Assistance page for details on our Community Service Program and Discount Policy.
Why are you billing me for lab tests? I had my lab test at my doctor's office.
Your physician may draw lab specimens in their office. The physician does not usually process the lab tests. Lab specimens are processed at the hospital lab.
I am unhappy with some aspect of my treatment or my charges. Who can I speak with about this?
- If you have questions about your hospital bills, please contact one of our Patient Financial Service Representatives at (530) 332-6300.
- If you have a question about your patient care at Enloe, you may contact our Patient Service Excellence Manager at (530) 332-7005 or contact Enloe Medical Center through our electronic form.
Enloe's Patient Financial Services
1390 East Lassen Ave.
Chico, CA 95973
Open Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.