At Enloe Medical Center our goal is to provide mothers with the information, confidence and skills needed to successfully initiate and continue breastfeeding their babies. We are here to provide ongoing support for you and your baby before, during and after the birth.
Breastfeeding Services Before delivery
- Classes that cover everything you need to know about breastfeeding. Learn more.
- Personalized breastfeeding consultations with our Lactation Consultant to answer questions and offer advice. Appointments are available Monday through Friday in the afternoons.
- The Mother & Baby Boutique, a full-service shop offering a wide assortment of bras, pillows, breastpumps and specialty feeding equipment as well as bra fitting and breastpump advice.
During your hospital stay
- Skilled nursing staff will assist you in establishing breastfeeding from the moment your baby is born.
- Specially trained Lactation Consultants are able to develop feeding plans and arrange outpatient support as needed in the event of difficulties or special considerations. Consultations can be generated by a patient or her physician or nurse.
After discharge from the hospital
- Outpatient lactation support is available through our Enloe Mother & Baby Care Center:
- Private consultations by appointment are available Monday through Friday in the afternoons.
- Enloe's Mother & Baby Boutique sells and rents a variety of equipment and supplies for pregnant and breastfeeding women. Visit our Mother & Baby Boutique webpage for a list of products, contact information and hours.
- Breastfeeding class as part of our Bittie Baby & Me series of classes (This is free if you delivered at Enloe; otherwise the individual class is $15.).
We're BABY FRIENDLYTM
In 2011, Enloe Medical Center became the first hospital between Butte County and Oregon to be awarded with the prestigious Baby Friendly award. Find out what it means to be Baby Friendly.