Diabetes Education Services
Enloe Medical Center offers individual education and group classes for people with Type I and Type II diabetes. Through our Sweet Success program, we also provide education and guidelines for women with gestational diabetes. Participants gain the knowledge and self-care skills necessary to manage their condition effectively. Education includes:
- Understanding the disease process
- Meal planning
- Home glucose monitoring and understanding blood-sugar goal ranges
- Acute and chronic complications of diabetes
- The benefits of exercise
- Diabetes care during illnesses
- Goal setting and support for making changes that promote good health
- Diabetes care during pregnancy, for women with gestational diabetes
Enloe Diabetes Education is accredited through the American Association of Diabetes Education (AADE). This certifies that Enloe’s program meets national quality standards for diabetes self-management training. Learn more about the AADE accreditation.
For more information, please call 530.332.6840.
Enloe Outpatient Center
888 Lakeside Village Commons
Chico, CA 95926