The goal of cardiac rehabilitation is to help participants improve their health and reduce their risk of future heart problems. Cardiac rehabilitation is a safe and effective way to help you get stronger and feel better faster.
Exercise, Education, Support
Enloe's Cardiac Rehabilitation Program offers physical conditioning, through monitored exercise in a supervised setting. This helps people with heart disease increase their strength and endurance safely. Cardiac rehabilitation nurses and exercise physiologists provide individualized guidelines tailored to each person’s specific needs and abilities. Small group classes meet three times a week for 12 weeks at the Enloe Outpatient Center.
Education is an important component of cardiac rehabilitation. Individual health topics are presented with each exercise session to help participants understand their heart condition and learn ways to live a healthier life style.
Education topics include:
- How the heart works
- Coronary artery disease, angina and treatment
- Cardiac risk factors
- Goal setting and behavior change
- Becoming proactive in your health care
- Cholesterol and fats
- Blood pressure control
- Exercise specifics and building a home program
- Obesity and weight control strategies
- Diabetes and glucose control
- CHF: What it is, treatment and self-care
- Diet: Portion control, fats, fiber, sodium/label reading, shopping, eating out
- Emotional aspects of heart disease
- Smoking (and quitting)
At Enloe Cardiac Rehabilitation, we also provide:
Nutrition Assessment and Dietary Counseling
- Registered dietitians provide individual guidelines to help patients improve their eating patterns, address specific health needs and reach goals.
Stress Management Course
- Stress is often unavoidable but we can learn to manage it so that it doesn’t affect our health. These classes meet once a week for 8 weeks.
- This is an important step for people with heart disease. Trained staff provides support and information about available resources.
Cardiac Maintenance and Prevention Exercise Program
- This program is designed for individuals who have completed the 12-week Cardiac Rehabilitation program or those who have risk factors for heart disease and want to exercise in a supervised setting. Exercise sessions are held every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday morning at the California State University, Chico campus. We encourage participants to bring along a spouse or a support person.
Talk to your physician about cardiac rehabilitation and how it might benefit you or call the Enloe Cardiac Rehabilitation office for additional information, (530)332-6898 or 1-800-822-8102. Cardiac Rehabilitation is covered by Medicare and most other insurance plans.
Enloe Cardiac Rehabilitation
Enloe Outpatient Center
888 Lakeside Village Commons
Chico, CA 95926
Find a Doctor