Enloe Medical Center provides a variety of support programs to promote health and wellness. Some of these groups were formed through partnerships with community organizations. For more information, please call the numbers listed below or the Enloe Marketing & Communications Office at (530) 332-6745. Facility location detail is at the bottom of the page.
A group for people with ALS (Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis), often referred to as "Lou Gehrig's Disease," currently does not meet at Enloe. However, local groups and and information about patient and family services can be located via the ALS Association and the Sacramento Chapter of the ALS Association websites .
For people with sleep apnea. Meets on the third Thursday (new meeting date starting 2013) of every other month, 7 to 8:30 p.m., at Enloe Home Medical Equipment. (530) 332-3117 Please note: There will be no meeting in March 2013.
Information and support for those considering or who have had gastric bypass surgery. Friends, family and support persons are welcome. Last Wednesday of the month, 6 to 8 p.m., Enloe Conference Center. (530) 332-5122
- Enloe Hospice provides a free series of eight weekly bereavement support group meetings four or five times each year. For more information, to receive a packet of bereavement resources or to apply for a support group, please contact Enloe HomeCare & Hospice at (530) 332-3180.
- For perinatal bereavement support, see the Forever Loved description below.
Better Breathers Support Group
Support and education for people with lung conditions. Offered by Enloe Medical Center and the American Lung Association. Call for exact meeting dates or to be included in the American Lung Association mailing list. (530) 332-6898.
- Brighter Days Skin Care Program: For those currently undergoing chemotherapy, radiation treatment or those who have completed therapy and need helpful tips on skin rejuvenation. Meet with Dermatologist Dr. Donald Richey in a small group of your peers to explore principles of hair, skin and nail care. Receive free trade-size samples of dermatological products to determine your skin care needs. To register, call David Pierce at the Enloe Regional Cancer Center, (530) 332-3855. Walk-ins are welcome. First Wednesday of each month, 11 a.m. to Noon, Fountain Medical Conference Room (251 Cohasset Road, Chico) Info: (530) 342-3686 ext 252, or (530) 332-3855.
- Look Good...Feel Better: Free instruction on coping with the appearance-related side effects of cancer treatment. A licensed beauty professional teaches makeup, skin care tips and suggestions for using wigs and headwear. Includes a complimentary make-up kit. Pre-registration is required. Call the American Cancer Society, 1-800-227-2345.
- Man-to-Man Prostate Cancer Support: In association with the American Cancer
Society, (530) 342-4567 or
- Support Group: For men diagnosed, their families and close friends. 3rd Thursday of each month, 4 to 6 p.m., Enloe Conference Center.
- Newly Diagnosed Support: Call 1-800-227-2345 For a one-on-one visit with a trained prostate cancer survivor.
- R.A.D. (Recreation and Dream for Kids with Cancer): Free recreational opportunities for children being treated for or recovering from cancer. Families welcome. Caring Choices: (530) 899-3873. Not an Enloe support group.
- Telling Our Stories: Free writing group for people who want to learn more about writing to heal. Meets on the fourth Tuesday of each month from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the Fountain Medical Conference Room. (530) 332-3855.
- VIVA! For youth living with loved ones with cancer. 2nd Tuesdays, 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., Register: (530) 332-3855
- Women's Cancer Support Group: Meets on the first and third Tuesday of every month, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., in the Fountain Medical Conference Room. Snacks are served. (530) 332-3855
- Related Information: Enloe Cancer Connections and Enloe Regional Cancer Center Library
Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance
For those with depression and bipolar mood disorders and their family and friends. Tuesdays, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., First Christian Church, 295 E. Washington Ave., Chico. Call Ken, (530) 566-4380. This is not an Enloe support group. For more resources, see a list of mental-health-related Health Links, such as for National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) - Butte County. Also see a listing of local advocacy and protective services, and information about Enloe Behavioral Health
Ongoing support and management contribute to successful diabetes management. (530) 332-6840
Fibromyalgia Educational Support Group
Meets one Saturday a month, except in July, August and December. Meets at the Enloe Rehabilitation Center. (530) 332-3261
Provides support for anyone who has experienced miscarriage, stillbirth or newborn loss.
Head Trauma Support Group
Meets on the first and third Tuesday of each month, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Enloe Conference Center. Call Sandy at (530) 345-5799.
Provides a support group, educational forums, and trained volunteers (who themselves have heart disease) who visit patients. The support group and forums are open to heart disease patients and their families. The Enloe Heart Program facilitates this support group on the second Monday of each month through May 2013 at Enloe Cardiac Rehabilitation, located in building C of the Enloe Outpatient Center. Starting in September 2013, the group will meet on the third Thursday of each month. More info: Ken, 343-2000.
- Related Information: Enloe's Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
Huntington Disease Support Group
The Huntington's Disease Society of American's Northern California Chapter Chico Support Group meets on the fourth Monday of each month, 6:30 p.m., Enloe Regional Cancer Center Library. Lori, (530) 896-0257 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to put HDSA in the subject line of the e-mail.
For people using or interested in using insulin pump therapy. Facilitated by Enloe’s Diabetes Education Services. Led by Enloe's Certified Nurse Educators and held on the second Wednesday of January, March, May, July, September, and November. 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Meets in the Enloe Conference Center. (530) 332-6840.
5:30p.m. to 7p.m., Enloe Rehabilitation Center, 340 W. East Ave; Small Conference Room. Starting in February, the Multiple Sclerosis Self-Help group will meet on the first Monday of each month. Contact Amy Clark at (530) 863-7818 or email@example.com or Tracy Claflin at (530) 343-3623 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not a member of the National MS Society, Northern California Chapter, you can call call 1-800-344-4867 and become a member to get access to the latest research information and educational materials and to find out about programs in your area. Membership is free to those with MS.
Meets on the first Sunday of each month (no meetings in July and August), 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Enloe Conference Center. (530) 332-7144
- Related Information: Enloe's Wound/Ostomy Services
Sleep Apnea Support Group
Please see the AWAKE listing above.
Social and educational opportunities for stroke survivors and their caregivers, friends and family. Led by a stroke nurse, includes guest speakers. Meets on the second Wednesday of the month, 3 to 4 p.m. Call the Enloe Stroke Program Stroke Nurses at (530) 332-3981 for location information or more information.
The addresses to our facilities are below. Also, see our map with directions.
- Enloe Regional Cancer Center (& Cancer Center Library): 265 Cohasset Road, Chico
- Enloe Conference Center: 1528 Esplanade (at E. 5th Ave.), Chico
- Enloe Education Center: Victorian House, 1505 Oleander Ave., Chico
- Enloe HomeCare & Hospiceand Home Medical Equipment: 1390 E. Lassen Ave., Chico
- Enloe Outpatient Center: 888 Lakeside Village, Chico
- Enloe Rehabilitation Center: 340 W. East Ave., Chico
- Enloe's Mother & Baby Education Center: 251 Cohasset Road, Suite 120, Chico
- Fountain Medical Conference Room: 251 Cohasset Road, Chico