One-on-one education through Enloe Pulmonary Rehabilitation. Cost: $25. For more information or to set up an appointment, please call (530) 332-6898
This free class provides education before your spine surgery and is an opportunity to enhance your hospital experience. Our goal is to help you and your caregiver become active participants in your own health care, and aid you in a speedy recovery. We will discuss the surgical process and how to participate in your own recovery. Members of your care team will be available to answer your questions. Meet other patients who are preparing for the same type of surgery. Family members or friends are encouraged to attend class with you. Held monthly on the 2nd Thursday from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and the 4th Wednesday from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., at the Enloe Rehabilitation Center Conference Room, 340 W. East Ave., Chico. See the 2013 Class Schedule. Registration recommended. Call the Class Registration Line: 332-7446
Bariatric Pre-Surgical Education
This online class is designed to help patients prepare for their Bariatric surgery at Enloe Medical Center. It provides a better idea of what to expect during the hospital visit and how to participate in the recovery process. Your spouse, relatives and friends are welcome and encouraged to view the class.
Bariatric Post-Surgical Education
This two-hour class is offered starting at about one month after surgery. Participants get an opportunity to review important information and follow-up on special guidelines as their diet and other needs change. The class is held on two Thursdays each month. For more information, please call the Enloe Bariatric Program at (530) 332-5122.
♥ Cardiac Rehabilitation
Educational and exercise-conditioning classes for people with heart problems. The program is tailored to help each person improve their health, increase their strength and endurance, and to feel better. Sessions are directed by a Registered Nurse and an Exercise Physiologist.
See Healthy Heart for more related classes.
Enloe Medical Center's Education Center offers many classes throughout the year. See the Education Calendar. To register, call the Enloe Education Center at (530) 332-7366.
CPR Classes (American Heart Association)
Please call the Enloe Education Center at (530) 332-7589 to pre-register and for details.
- For the health care provider - The Health Care Provider CPR course is designed for health care professionals and
teaches basic CPR, two-person CPR, and bag valve mask for the adult, child and infant. It also covers how to relieve choking in adults, children and infants, and includes AED information.
2013 Classes: 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Jan. 17, Feb. 15, March 11, April 8, May 13, June 24, July 26, Aug. 1, Sept. 24, Oct. 3, Nov. 15 and Dec. 16
- For the layperson - The Heart Saver CPR course is designed for the layperson and teaches basic CPR skills. It also covers how to relieve choking in adults, children and infants, and includes AED information.
2013 Classes: 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Feb. 20, May 1, Aug. 8 and Nov. 6
- Diabetes Education Services: Through self-management training, participants gain knowledge and self-care skills necessary to manage their condition effectively. Physician-referral required. 530.332.6840
- Sweet Success Program: Education and guidelines for women with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes who are pregnant and those with gestational diabetes. 530.332.6840
Also: Enloe also offers a free Diabetes Support Group. For details, visit OUR Support Group listing.
- Enloe Cardiac Rehabilitation: Education and exercise-conditioning classes for people with heart problems. The program is tailored to help each participant improve their health, increase their strength and endurance, and to feel better. Sessions are directed by a Registered Nurse and an Exercise Physiologist. 530.332.6898
- Stress Management for Cardiac Patients and Families: Stress is a major cause of illness and heart disease. This eight-week class helps participants and their families learn to manage the stresses of everyday life. Meets on Wednesdays at 9:45 a.m. No charge for class; $10 materials fee. Offered through Enloe Cardiac Rehabilitation. 530.332.6898
Gentle therapeutic exercise to help regain range of motion, increase flexibility, reduce swelling from lymphedema, decrease depression, and promote positive self-image and joy! Mondays, 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., and Wednesdays 9 a.m. to 10 a.m., Fountain Medical Conference Room. Free with $10 materials fee. Pre-registration required. Call Mary Jo at 530.228.4753 or David at 530.332.3855.
Two-hour class helps patients prepare for total joint replacement surgery. Provides a better idea of what to expect during the hospital visit and how to participate in the recovery process. Gives an opportunity to ask questions of medical professionals and meet others who will be having the same surgery. Spouse, relatives or friends are welcome and encouraged to attend class. Held monthly on first and third Thursdays from 10 a.m. to noon and third Wednesdays, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., at the Enloe Rehabilitation Center. See the 2013 class schedule. To enroll, please call 530.332.7446.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Clinic
An eight-week series, offered four times a year, and designed to reduce stress, anxiety, depression, chronic pain and the symptoms of many other stress-related disorders. MBSR is meant to complement not substitute medical treatments you may be receiving. Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefits and health insurance coverage may apply. See the class schedule on the MBSR website. The cost is $395, which includes registration, textbook, workbook, audio recordings and a follow-up program. Classes are led by Steve Flowers, M.S., MFT. Physicians, nurses, psychologists, marriage and family therapists, and licensed clinical social workers may report 24 hours of Continuing Education for participating in this program (Category 1 Credit toward the California Medical Association in Continuing Medical Education). For more info, call Steve Flowers at 530.898.1495 or visit www.mindfullivingprograms.com.
Getting ready for a new baby and parenting are exciting and important times. Enloe Medical Center wants to help you and your family prepare. We offer a range of classes for before and after the baby is born. Visit our Mother & Baby Care Center's Classes/Education page for details on these classes:
Education and exercise classes for people with lung problems. Learn more about Pulmonary Rehabilitation. 530.332.6898
Stress is a major cause of illness and heart disease. This eight-week class helps participants and their families learn to manage the stresses of everyday life. Meets on Wednesdays at 9:45 a.m. No charge for class; $10 materials fee. Offered through Enloe Cardiac Rehabilitation. 530.332.6898
Telling Our Stories
Free writing group for anyone interested learning about writing to heal. Meets the fourth Tuesday of the Month, 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., in the Fountain Medical Conference Room, 251 Cohasset Road, Chico. For details, call (530) 332-3855.
Weekly Weight-Loss Surgery Informational Seminars
Free seminars led by bariatric surgeons Deron Ludwig, MD, and Erik Simchuck, MD, with intro by Enloe bariatric nurses. Covers topics related to weight-loss surgery, the disease of morbid obesity, health issues associated with obesity and information about surgical options. Seminars are held weekly on Wednesdays from 12 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. except for the following dates when it will be held from 10:30 to 12 p.m.: April 17, June 19, Aug. 21, Oct. 16 and Dec. 18. Meetings take place at the Fountain Medical Conference Room, 251 Cohasset Road, Chico. More info: (530) 332-5122. Drs. Ludwig and Simchuk, members of Enloe's medical staff, are independent licensed practitioners not employed by the medical center.
The addresses to our facilities are below. Also, see a map with directions.
- Enloe Cardiac Rehabilitation: 888 Lakeside Village Commons, Building C, Chico
- Enloe Conference Center: 1528 Esplanade (at E. 5th Ave.), Chico
- Enloe Home Medical Equipment: 1390 E. Lassen Ave., Chico
- Enloe Outpatient Center: 888 Lakeside Village, Chico
- Enloe Pulomonary Rehabilitation: 888 Lakeside Village Commons, Building C, Chico
- Enloe Rehabilitation Center: 340 W. East Ave., Chico
- Fountain Medical Conference Room: 251 Cohasset Road, Chico