Enloe Medical Center thanks its employees, Medical Staff, and the many volunteers and
community members who have made these recognitions possible.
- Designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Bariatric Surgery*. This three-year designation from Anthem Blue Cross was also granted in 2007 and 2009.
- Received designation as a Center of Excellence with Bariatric surgical director Dr. Ludwig,
from the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery and Surgical Review Corporation. This three-year designation was given in 2007 and 2010.
Learn more about the Enloe Bariatric Program.
Enloe's Diabetes Education Services received recognition by the American Association of Diabetes Educators for meeting National Standards for Quality Self-Management Education.
- Enloe FlightCare was awarded with a full three-year accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation of Air Medical Transport in both 2011 and 2008. CAMTS is an organization that is dedicated to improving the quality and safety of medical transport services.
The accreditation recognized
that Enloe's medical transport rotor-wing service provides “highly skilled flight nurse/paramedic teams to care for adult and pediatric patients.”
Learn more about the accreditation.
- Designated as a STEMI Receiving Center by the
Sierra-Sacramento Valley EMS Agency in 2010. A designated STEMI Receiving Center has been deemed particularly qualified to treat STEMI (ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction) heart attacks, a particular kind of attack, considered to be the most severe and caused by a clot in one or more of the coronary arteries.
Learn more about STEMI Receiving Centers.
- Re-designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Care* in 2009, joining 400 facilities nationwide for exceptional cardiac care. Enloe first received the designation in 2007, when it was also one of 20 California hospitals recognized by Blue Shield of California’s Cardiac Quality Initiative for meeting standards of excellence established by the Blue Shield Cardiac Clinical Advisory Committee.
Learn more about the Enloe Heart Program.
Marketing & Communications
- Received a Bronze Award from the Healthcare Public Relations and Marketing Association (HPRMA) in April 2011 for our Heart Heroes TV commercial. It is notable that there was not a silver or gold given in this category, so Enloe received the highest honor. If you have not had a chance to see our Heart Heroes commercial, featuring patient and local firefighter Steve Simpson, you can view it at www.enloe.org/heart.
- Received a 2011 Merit Healthcare Advertising Award from the Healthcare Marketing Report for our Website. The national competition for the well-respected annual Health Care Advertising Awards began 28 years ago. A national panel of judges reviewed the entries based on creativity, quality, message effectiveness, consumer appeal, graphic design and overall impact. We are proud of this positive feedback! If you have not yet visited our public website, take a look.
Mother & Baby Care Center
- Designated as a Baby-Friendly birth facility in 2011. This international award recognizes birth facilities that offer breastfeeding mothers the information, confidence and skills needed to successfully initiate and continue breastfeeding their babies. Enloe Medical Center is the first hospital between Butte County and Oregon to receive this recognition. It is a five-year designation.
- Received Hearing Screen Program certification from the State of California in 2009
- Received the HRSA Medal of Honor from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services in 2010 for the fifth consecutive year. In 2009, Enloe was presented with two organ donation medals of honor. These awards recognizing Enloe’s efforts in increasing organ donation to patients awaiting transplants
- Received two organ donation medals of honor from U.S. Health and Human Services in 2008 and one each in 2007 and 2006
We honor patient families for their incredible generosity during a difficult time. We also thank Enloe caregivers for their kindness and professionalism and the California Transplant Donor Network for their assistance with coordination. To learn more about organ donation or to sign-up to be a donor, visit www.ctdn.org.
- Named a Blue Distinction Center+ in Spine Surgery and Knee and Hip Replacement by Anthem Blue Cross (2013)
National Research Corporation selected Enloe Medical Center
as one of 29 recipient of its
2012 Path to Excellence award,
recognizing improved patient satisfaction. Recipients were selected based on achievement within categories that patients have identified as being most important to the quality of their care. Enloe was one of four hospitals selected in the "Rate Hospital – 100 to less than 300 beds" Enloe received this award in September 2012.
Physical Therapy - Continuing Competency Approval Agency
The Physical Therapy Board of California (PTBC) has made Enloe Medical Center a Continuing Competency Approval Agency, meaning that we are an approved provider of continuingcompetency courses. Physical therapists must take 30 hours of approved courses every two years to maintain their license. By offering the classes here in Chico,Enloe provides a value to these professionals.
- California Department of Public Health: Enloe is licensed by the State of California to operate as an acute care hospital.
- Joint Commission: Enloe Medical Center, the Enloe Stroke Program, Enloe HomeCare and Enloe's Pathology and Clinical Laboratory are Joint Commission-Accredited Programs.
- Quality Initiatives: Enhanced our efforts related to the reduction or elimination of hospital-associated conditions, such as ventilator-associated pneumonia and hospital-acquired infections. We have committed to the ideal that many infections or conditions associated with a hospital stay can be eliminated altogether or dramatically reduced. We’re paying close attention to clinical studies that challenge past practices.
Learn more about quality and safety at Enloe.
REGIONAL Cancer Center
- Formed an affiliation of cancer programs with the UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center to enhance patient care and improve access to top level medical experts. The affiliation, which began in March 2011, is aimed at increasing cancer disease prevention and expanding access to high-quality, specialty treatment for residents of the region served by Enloe's Cancer Services.
- Received the 2009 Mayors Award Recipient for the Healing Arts Gallery housed at Enloe Regional Cancer Center and for the ongoing display of Faces of Hope, The Enloe Cranes Project, and Flags of Hope community healing arts program.
- Presented with the National Spirit of Planetree Award in 2008 for a commitment to providing patient-centered care by utilizing the tools of Planetree and bringing together patients, the hospital and the community. Learn more about Planetree at Enloe.
Learn more about the Enloe Regional Cancer Center.
- In 2010, the Society for Simulation in Healthcare announced the accreditation of the Rural Northern California Clinical Simulation Center, a center established by the California State University, Chico School of Nursing in partnership with Enloe Medical Center and Feather River Hospital. The Rural Sim Center, as it is known, was accredited in the area of education and teaching. The accreditation process for simulation centers is new. Only 10 centers throughout the world were selected by the Society for Simulation in Healthcare to undergo accreditation in 2010.
- Earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval™ for certification as a Primary Stroke Center in August 2011 after undergoing an on-site evaluation and demonstrating compliance with nationally developed standards for stroke care. Enloe is the first hospital in Butte County to receive this accreditation. “By achieving certification as a Primary Stroke Center, Enloe Medical Center has proven that it has the ability to provide effective, timely care to stroke victims and can significantly improve outcomes for stroke patients,” says Jean E. Range, M.S., R.N., C.P.H.Q., executive director, Disease-Specific Care Certification, The Joint Commission. Learn more.
- Received the 2012 American Heart Association's Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award. The award recognizes Enloe’s commitment and success in implementing a higher standard of care by ensuring that stroke patients receive treatment according to nationally accepted guidelines.
- Enloe also received the following Get With the Guidelines Achievement Awards: Gold-Plus (2011, 2010, 2009), Gold (2008), Silver (2007) and Bronze (2006).
Learn more about the Enloe Stroke Program.
- Enloe's Transfusion Service has been accredited by the American Association of Blood Banks (AABB) since 1981. AABB-accredited facilities are responsible for collecting almost all of the U.S. blood supply and transfusing more than 80 percent. The AABB accreditation process takes place every two years. The Accreditation Program supports high standards for medical, technical and administrative performance, scientific investigation, clinical application and education. It assesses quality systems and operational areas. Accreditation is granted for collection, processing, testing, distribution, and administration of blood and blood components; and perioperative activities.
*Note: Designation as Blue Distinction Centers® means these facilities' overall experience and aggregate data met objective criteria established in collaboration with expert clinicians' and leading professional organizations' recommendations. Individual outcomes may vary. To find out which services are covered under your policy at any facilities, please call your local Blue Cross and/or Blue Shield Plan.